The European Veterinary Dental Society is a non-profit educational organization that was founded in 1992. The aims of the society are to:
- Educating and training European veterinary surgeons in animal dentistry
- To promote clinical dental research which will benefit animals and people.
The society has more than 200 members from over 20 countries. Most members are veterinary surgeons, several are human dentists with the remainder being researchers and other people working in the field of veterinary oral health.
The Society is a UK Registered Charity (Registration number 1128783)
The Society's registered address is:
The European Veterinary Dental Society
21 Station Road
MANAGEMENT OF THE SOCIETY
The EVDS is run by an unpaid committee of members elected by the society. For historical reasons, the committee is known as the "Board". The board is made up of the:
- President Elect
- Immediate Past President
- and up to two additional co-opted members
The EVDS Board are assisted in various tasks by a group or groups of unpaid administrators:
- The editor of the EVDS Forum
- The Webmaster
- The Web Author and Editor group
- Congress Local Organising Committees
From time to time,EVDS employs commercial companies to assist with management events such as the European Congress of Veterinary Dentistry.