Invitation to Host the European congress of veterinary dentistry
The board of the European Veterinary Dental Society invites you to express your interest in hosting the European Congress of Veterinary Dentistry. Bids will be considered from any country within Europe. The congress is held on an annual basis, bids preferably submitted 3 years in advance.
The EVDS is member of ICCA and collaborates with a Convention Bureau (CB) when processing a bid, organising a venue and accommodation. A Local Organising Committee (LOC) is needed for local arrangements such as social programme, local sponsors and promotion within the national veterinary community. The EVDS have their own Personal Congress Organiser (PCO) for all administrative work. There is no local PCO needed. The scientific programme is overseen by the scientific committee of the congress.
A 4 day conference is anticipated, in a similar format to the previous conferences, with approximately 450 attendees (though this number may be greater).
Expressions of interest should contain the following information:
- Practical information. Description of city, location, accessibility, restaurants and hotels nearby the venue, etc. (Convention Bureau)
- Congress venue (2-3 options). Location, conference rooms available, capacity, plans, etc. (Convention Bureau)
- Accommodation. (Convention Bureau)
- Proposal of date
- Location for wet labs. Wet labs are recommended to be held at a university or in the venue.
- Provisional budget, with particular attention to the following: meeting rooms and audio-visual facilities; ideas for promoting the conference; coffee/tea breaks, meals, and receptions; ideas and prospects for obtaining funds to support the conference
We aim to announce each chosen conference location by September annually.
Basic guidelines document here